6 Natural Health Benefits of Papaya Leaf Juice
Papaya leaf juice is gaining popularity day by day. Apart from many health benefits, it is good for our skin as well. Papaya leaves contain papain and chymopapain. These two are packed with incredible health benefits like treating dengue fever, preventing bloating, and improving digestion of protein content in our body. The rich leaves of papaya also contain vitamins and minerals like A, B, C, E, K and calcium, sodium, and iron. The benefits of papaya leaves are proven. Many studies say that it has got the ability to boost the blood flow in your body.
We have listed down 7 amazing natural health benefits of consuming papaya leaf juice:
1. Consuming Papaya Leaf Juice Increases Blood Platelets Count:
Blood platelets are very important for our body. After any disease or serious fever, count of blood platelets go down which is not so good. In a normal human body, the count of blood platelets should be above 150,000, but In any disease, it goes below this level.
In the case of dengue, blood platelets start reducing rapidly which can even cause a person’s death. Papaya leaves help in increasing the blood platelets count of it which is vital in case of dengue fever and other serious diseases.
2. Papaya Leaf Juice Helps in Lowering Blood Sugar Level:
Yes, that’s true! Papaya leaf juice is a good natural remedy to treat Diabetes. The papaya leaves juice help in lowering blood sugar levels to a great extent. In today’s world when people are bombarded with information, high work pressure, and personal tensions, the problem of high blood pressure is likely to have. Consuming papaya leaves juice helps in regulating insulin and therefore blood pressure. It can work for diabetes as well. Complications like kidney damage and fatty liver can also be avoided with the use of papaya leaves.
3. It’s Been an Effective Home Remedy for Treating Skin Problems:
As we mentioned above, papaya leaves are rich in vitamins like A and C which are considered to be good for your skin. It boosts your skin complexion and makes it glow at the same time. It also prevents wrinkles, acne, and pimples. Almost every other girl suffers from these problems in her life. Drinking papaya leaves juice can help to reduce all of these while bringing a natural glow on your face.
4. It Reduces the Risk of Cancer:
Papaya leaves contain acetogenin which has anti-cancer properties in it. The enzymes that are present in papaya leaves help the body fight against lung cancer, liver cancer, breast cancer, and pancreatic cancer. This compound acetogenin can also help to prevent malaria and dengue fevers. It boosts your immunity and helps your body to fight against deadly bacteria.
5. It Supports the Digestive System:
Papaya leaves can help in digestion of proteins, carbs, and fats. It contains enzymes like papain and chymopapain, which can help in the digestion process and improve immunity.
- If you are feeling like bloating lately, have a glass of papaya leaves juice daily as it aids digestion.
- If you are experiencing inflammation in your stomach, papaya leaves juice can even prevent that. Papain helps in healing stomach ulcers.
6. It’s a Good Natural Home Remedy of Reducing Menstrual Pain:
Juice of papaya leaves works wonders in reducing the menstrual pain and easing out the flow. Getting cramps in the stomach is the most common problem that is seen in girls while periods. Having a glass filled with papaya leaf juice can balance your hormones and treat the pain. So next time during your periods, try this juice and see the magic of it!
Now that you know all the incredible benefits of papaya leaves, don’t refrain yourself from consuming it. Although it tastes bitter you can mix it with other ingredients or sweeteners. You can also have papaya leaves tea which has the same benefits as juice. Consume the amazing leaves in any form, and you will get the same benefits.
How to Make Papaya Leaf Juice at Home?
- A handful of Papaya leaves
- Juice of your choice
- Take the papaya leaves, add a little amount of water, and make a smooth paste of it in a blender.
- Take a clean bottle and store the paste in the bottle.
- Whenever you want to drink the papaya juice, add one or more teaspoon (according to your taste) of papaya paste into your juice.
- You can refrigerate the papaya paste for a maximum of 5 days.
How to Make Papaya Leaf Tea at Home?
- 10-12 medium size papaya leaves
- 2 liters of drinking water
- Take a pan and boil the 2-liter water at high flame.
- Once the water starts boiling, add the papaya leaves and change the flame to medium.
- Cover the pan and let the papaya leaves and water boil for 10-15 minutes.
- When the papaya-mix water reduces to half, switch off the flame and strain the tea.
- Let it cool a little and consume fresh.
- You can also store the tea in a clean bottle and refrigerate it for a maximum of five days.