Top 5 Granny’s Natural Formula for Healthy Skin
We all listen to our granny. Of course, she has a solution for everything. Whatever comes from the granny’s pandora’s box is always the élite. Whether it is the love for her grandchildren or the ages-old formula, everything works.
So, who can challenge granny when she advises for the healthy and glowing skin? Indeed, she knows all. Especially when it is the natural formula for healthy skin, granny is the best person to get guidance. After all, every girl fancy to get the classic and chemical-free natural skin like granny had in her youth.
So, let’s take a look at the top 5 granny’s natural formula for a healthy and glowing skin below:
Turmeric is a super spice with a bounty of health benefits. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-infective properties. In the case of skin rashes, burn, and cut, turmeric powder heals quickly.
It also protects against cough and cold. In Asian countries such as India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nepal, drinking turmeric milk at night is a common practice. Using turmeric as a necessary spice in Asian cuisine is an ancient practice and people still use it in almost every food.
How to Make Turmeric Paste Face Pack?
Turmeric Face Pack Paste For Dry Skin:
- Take a 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Mix it with 1 tablespoon of milk cream.
- Now apply it to your skin. You need to keep it for 6-7 minutes, or until the cream tightens your skin.
- Wash the face and dry it with a soft towel.
You will instantly feel supple and glowing skin. Sometimes turmeric left the yellow stain in the skin. Do not worry; it vanishes after the second wash.
Turmeric Face Pack Paste For rough skin:
- Take two tablespoons black gram flour or normal flour.
- Add ½ teaspoon turmeric.
- Add 2 tablespoon curd or milk whatever is available.
- Make a fine paste.
- Now, apply the paste all over your face for 10 minutes or until the paste dry and tighten your skin.
- After 10 minutes, scrub your face with the help of a little amount of water in your palm.
- Clean your face and pat dry it with a clean towel. The healthy and glow skin will welcome you in the mirror.
Turmeric paste is also helpful in getting rid of the acne or scars in the skin. It is a good natural medicine for sunburn and dark circles as well. In Hindu and Muslim Asian marriages, turmeric has a significant part. The bride and groom both have to apply turmeric to get a glowing skin. In Hindus, the ritual is called “Haldi Rasam” and in Muslims, the ritual is known as “Manjha”.
2. Aloe Vera
I am sure, everyone has heard of Aloe Vera. It is also a super plant with a plethora of health benefits. People are using it for over a thousand years especially in the traditional medicines of India, China, and other countries. The Aloe Vera gel has an anti-inflammatory property and it can cure skin disorders. It helps in curing acne and also provides a healthy and rejuvenating skin.
How to Make Aloe Vera Gel Paste for Skin?
Making Aloe Vera paste at home is a child’s play. You can grow your own Aloe Vera plant at your home or buy it from a nearby store.
- Take a one big-fat Aloe Vera to leave.
- Cut the spiky edges from both sides.
- Clean the leaf and cut wedges.
- Now slice off the green part. You will see the translucent gel after removing the green part.
- With the help of a spoon, scoop the gel and keep aside.
- Now with a blender, mix the gel well and finally strain it with a cheesecloth.
The Aloe Vera paste is ready to use on skin.
How to Use Aloe Vera Paste on Skin?
You can dab the Aloe Vera paste on the skin directly or mix it with lemon and honey and use it as a face pack. Also, you can mix a tablespoon of Aloe Vera paste with a glass of water and refrigerate the water. You can later use the water as a toner.
3. Yogurt and Curd
Yogurt is an essential part of food all over the world. People eat it raw, mix with fruit or flavouring and use it as an ingredient to prepare varieties of food. Even curd that looks the same as Yoghurt has the same uses and almost the same benefits. Women for ages are using curd in their face mask for healthy and shining skin.
How to Make Yogurt/Curd Face Pack and Use It On skin?
Yoghurt and curd both are acidic in nature and best to clean the specks of dirt of skin. Add a pinch of turmeric powder to yogurt and apply it to your skin for an amazing glow. It helps to soothe sunburn, treat a skin infection, and reduce dark circles. This is also good in reducing the pigments, blemishes, wrinkles, and fine lines. Yoghurt and curd also help in curing acne problems.
Papaya is an angel fruit with multiple health benefits. Not only it is good in digestion but it also exfoliates the skin and repairs the dead skin. The papain enzyme in papaya helps in skin whitening, removing dead skin, reducing unwanted hair on the body, and also works as a good anti-ageing agent.
How to Make Papaya Face Mask?
- Take a well-ripe papaya.
- Peel the upper layer.
- Now scoop the papaya pulp, mash it, and either mix with lemon or honey. You can use the pulp without adding anything as well.
- Now apply the mashed pulp all over your face.
- Leave that for 7-8 minutes.
- Rinse with water and pat dry the skin with a soft towel.
You can see the changes within a week if you regularly use the papaya mask.
How to Make and Use Papaya Peel on Your Face?
Papaya peel is a great anti-aging agent. Use the unripe papaya peel for the treatment.
- Peel the unripe papaya and directly use it on the skin.
- Rub the peel all over the skin.
- Leave it for few minutes and then wash your face with fresh water.
The ageing lines of skin will reduce within a few days.
One vegetable that is a part of every culture, religion, and country is no doubt the potato. Boil it, mesh it, cook it raw or fry it, potato is the king of all vegetables. But its effect on the skin is amazing. Potato helps to reduce ugly spots, blemishes, and marks on the skin.
It is anti-inflammatory and reduces the inflammation of bruises, rashes, bee-stung, and ulcers. You can apply potato on the dark eye-circle and it will reduce the dark circle. It delays the aging sign and protects the skin from pollution and sunburn.
How to Use Potato Mask on Your Face?
Peel and grind the raw potato and use it directly on the face or the damaged part of the skin. You can also get the juice of potato and mix it with honey or lemon. Apply the juice on the affected area of skin and you will soon see the magic happens in front of your eyes.
Mother nature has bestowed us natural medicines of almost every disease. If the remedies are available in the kitchen, it’s better to listen to your granny and use the home remedies for skin problems. You will save money and your skin will get rid of the chemicals used in the market products.