Best Remedies for Cold Sores
It happens many times that when you wake up in the morning, you feel cranky, itchy, and blister near your mouth that makes you uncomfortable. These are the symptoms of cold sores. It is a contagious infection caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). The general symptoms of cold sores are a sore mouth with pain, fever, sore throat, and sometimes drooling mostly in children or swollen lymph nodes around and in the neck. It is an irritating situation that embarrasses you as well as gives you immense pain. Here are the five best remedies for Cold Sores. However, before that let us know some more facts about cold sores.
Some Important Facts about Cold Sores:
- It is not necessary to have cold sores for the very first time when you get the infection.
- If once you get affected by the HSV virus, it remains in your body. As a result, you may get cold sores anytime throughout your lifespan.
- The first outbreak of cold sores is always around your mouth in the form of blisters.
- Further outbreaks can affect at the meeting point of your lips and facial skin.
- You may feel pain, burning sensation, itching, tingling, or other uncomfortable feelings before 6-48 hours of the actually visible sign of cold sores around the infected areas, which is a prodromal stage.
Common Triggers of Cold Sores:
If you are having an HVS virus infection, you may get cold sore any time because of some common triggers. These triggers are the reason behind recurrent cold sores. Here are some triggers:
- Stress is the biggest trigger of cold sores.
- Sunburn can also excite the HVS virus and as a result, you get caught by recurrent cold sores.
- People having weaker immunity are more likely to get infected and recurrent. For such people, cold sores can be fatal sometimes.
- Cold or Flu can also trigger the HVS virus.
- Pregnancy is also a trigger for women for having recurrent cold sores.
- Many times dental treatment and cosmetic surgery may lead to trigger the HVS virus.
- Food allergy can be a trigger for cold sores sometimes.
Five Best Remedies for Cold Sores:
Whenever you get cold sores, you need to consult a doctor or a skin specialist. Apart from that, let’s discuss the five best remedies for cold sores that may help you to reduce the effect of the infection.
1. Oral Antiviral Medicine or Tropical Ointment:
You may get these medicines in a medical store with a proper prescription. If you consume such medicines without the advice of a specialist, it may be hazardous to you.
2. Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera has a magical healing property. You can find Aloe Vera easily around your vicinity. Applying Aloe Vera gel to the infected area helps to ease out the pain and heal the infection.
3. To Avoid Triggers:
Precaution is always better than cure. As cold sores are not completely curable so it is wise if you avoid any trigger that might outbreak cold sore.
4. Petroleum Jelly:
Petroleum jelly helps to reduce wetness around your skin and increase the healing process.
5. Increase Your Immune System:
This is one of the best remedies for cold sores. Stay healthy, eat properly, and boost your immune system so even if you are having the HVS virus infection, you won’t get an outbreak of cold sores.
- Cardio Benefits for Beginners – A Comprehensive Guide to Start Cardio - March 30, 2020
- What Is High Blood Pressure –Home Remedies of Hypertension - March 24, 2020
- What are Flax Seeds: Benefits, Side Effects & Recipes - February 4, 2020